About this Series
In this sermon series we will find comfort and purpose in who Jesus is. We will look at Jesus’ seven “I Am” statements in John’s gospel, and from those descriptions, we will learn that he alone is our comfort, provision, and defender.
Primary Sources for this Series
This list contains some of the resources that were used to prepare this series. Along with other resources for you to dig a little deeper.
- Music Playlist: Spotify | Apple Music
- James Montgomery Boice, The Gospel of John, Volume 2.
- John Calvin, Commentary on the Gospel According to John.
- Iain D. Campbell, I AM… Exploring the ‘I am’ sayings of John’s Gospel
- D.A. Carson, The Gospel According to John.
- Matt Chandler, I AM.
- Ray Cortese, To Believe.
- Paul Jeon, Life Eternal: The Gospel of John.
- Brennan Manning, The Ragamuffin Gospel.
- Timothy Keller, The Timothy Keller Sermon Archive.
- Logos Bible Software.
- Tim Mackie, Read Scripture: Illustrated Summaries of Biblical Books.
- J. I. Packer, Knowing God
- R. C. Sproul, Knowing Christ: The I AM Sayings of Jesus.
- D.A. Carson, The D.A. Carson Sermon Library.
- Brian Hedges, I Am the Door.
- Jason Helopoulos, I Am the Door.
- Will Metzger, Tell the Truth
Our preachers thoroughly cite all sources in their written sermon notes. Due to the extemporaneous nature of oral communication, delivery may occasionally contain material not fully cited or original to the particular preacher. In such situations, neither the preacher nor the church asserts ownership to such material.