The Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) invites applications for the newly-created position of Project Coordinator & Assistant for the Office of the President. The CCCU seeks a professional who has a passion for Christian higher education and experience in being a detail-oriented self-starter and a manager of projects and events. This new colleague will have strong written communication skills, will be IT savvy, and will get energy from organizing and building a database for advancing the work of the CCCU. This position supports the work in the office of the president which includes a new Director of Development. A preferred candidate would have experience in the area of fundraising support and development projects, but is not essential if other skills are strong. The CCCU is in an exciting phase of connecting new donors with our mission and we are looking for a team member that will bring skill, positivity, and a love of starting new projects with determination and zeal.
Reporting to the President and the Director of Development, this new colleague will manage the important membership functions of an association. Additionally, the CCCU is creating a development arm of the president’s office, and so this position will have as a first project the setting up of new systems and processes to support the work of the Director of Development, managing their travel, calls, and correspondence, as well as assisting with correspondence and email of the president. There is a high hospitality function connected with this position, and a gracious spirit will be essential to working with donors and friends of the CCCU. Because this area of the president’s office will connect with other areas of the CCCU such as public relations, finance, experiential learning, IT, and government relations, being a good team member is truly essential and valued at the CCCU.
The Council for Christian Colleges & Universities is a higher education association of more than 180 Christian institutions around the world. With campuses across the globe, including more than 150 in the U.S. and Canada and nearly 30 more from an additional 18 countries, CCCU institutions are accredited, comprehensive colleges and universities whose missions are Christ-centered and rooted in the historic Christian faith. Most also have curricula rooted in the arts and sciences. The CCCU’s mission is to advance the cause of Christ-centered higher education and to help our institutions transform lives by faithfully relating scholarship and service to biblical truth (www.cccu.org).
• Assisting the Director of Development with fundraising projects, including maintaining accurate donor contact information, and tracking communications and donations
• Assisting the President, Director of Development, and Director of Conferences & Events in the planning and executing of special donor events and membership renewal
• Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Director of Development and the President’s office, including:
o Fielding inquiries by phone and e-mail
o Handling all donor related scheduling requests
o Drafting responses and preparing original correspondence for the President and Director of Development’s signature
o Coordinating on-site meetings
o Updating information on the CCCU’s website regarding development and fundraising initiatives
• Conducting research to assist the President and Director of Development in writing grant proposals or other fundraising related projects and assisting in the preparation of grant proposals and editing copy
• Preparing or editing any donor-related print materials or electronic newsletters
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Persons applying for the position should:
• Affirm the Nicene Creed, have a commitment to Christ-centered higher education, and believe in the Christian mission and purpose of the CCCU and its BestSemester programs
• Hold a bachelor’s degree and have two to three years of relevant work experience, such as supporting senior-level teams on development projects
• Have exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Possess knowledge and understanding of nonprofit organizations
• Have excellent editing and writing skills
• Be proficient in clerical skills such as filing, proofreading, typing, etc.
• Be detail-oriented, highly organized, flexible, and willing to learn
• Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Have a strong understanding of databases and a variety of computer programs such as: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Possess good judgment and have experience making judgment calls in executive matters
• Be a team player, possessing a positive attitude and a good sense of humor
Application should include:
• Cover letter
• Resume, as a separate attachment
• A statement of your Christian faith
Other requirements include:
• Ability to work for long periods of time at the computer
Applicants should apply online through the posting on www.cccu.org/careers and include a cover letter, resume, and a statement of your Christian faith. First preference will be given to applicants who apply before the deadline of February 7, 2018. No paper applications or phone calls please.