The Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) seeks a hands-on senior accountant to manage the details of the accounting of its international operations. The CCCU is a $11.5 million non-profit organization that has 80+ employees working from several domestic and international locations.
The CCCU is a professional association of 180 campuses in 20 nations whose mission is to advance the cause of Christ-centered higher education and to help our member institutions transform lives by faithfully relating scholarship and service to biblical truth. The CCCU coordinates professional development opportunities for administrators and faculty, manages U.S. based and international off-campus student programs, provides public advocacy for Christ-centered higher education and manages cooperative efforts among its member campuses (www.cccu.org).
• Prepare monthly journal entries using Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) software
• Create, edit and maintain financial reports in Microsoft Management Reporter
• Compile, prepare and review the monthly financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness of information, in addition to ensuring that generally accepted accounting principles are followed.
• Assist with maintaining detailed schedules of applicable balance sheet accounts and research and resolve any issues
• Manage Accounts Payable including processing bills to be paid each week, maintaining paid invoice files, and researching payables information as necessary.
• Manage Accounts Receivable distributing and tracking all accounts receivables including sending out of new and past due invoices and collecting on outstanding balances.
• Processing and accounting for cash and check deposits on a weekly basis along with making the bank deposit weekly.
• Manage monthly credit card receipt activity including the collection of credit card payments and entering them into the accounting system.
• Manage the administration of CCCU credit cards for staff.
• Manage the administration of Concur along with the review, processing, and accounting of credit card batches in Concur.
• Work closely with domestic and international student program Directors and staff that handle the accounting for each program to ensure accurate and timely reporting, assist with wire transfers as needed, and to respond to and help resolve accounting related inquiries from student program staff.
• Respond to and resolve inquiries from CCCU management and staff regarding accounting matters
• Assist with grant accounting and reporting to ensure that grants are accurately accounted for and that required grant financial reports are completed on time.
• Help to educate CCCU management and directors in regards to their monthly financial reports and how they are doing against budget
• Assist with maintaining internal control and accounting process documents, ensuring that they are kept up to date, along with recommending internal control improvements.
• Maintain and update the fixed asset listing along with the calculation of monthly depreciation
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
• File Federal and State tax payments in a timely manner
• Prepare year-end audit schedules and assist with other auditor requests as necessary
• Assist with the preparation of the annual 990, 990-T, FBAR and other federal and state required reporting requirements.
• Process semi-monthly payroll in an accurate and timely manner.
• Prepare the semi-monthly 403b payment for approval and submission
• Assist with the maintenance of the chart of accounts in Great Plains
• Issue donation receipt letter for donated cash and checks each week.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Persons applying for the position should:
• Have a strong appreciation for the Christian mission and purpose of the CCCU and its BestSemester programs
• Have a strong desire to serve in a completely hands on role where the work varies from regular AP and AR work to monthly close reporting.
• Have exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Have incredible attention to detail
• Preferably have experience using Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains and Management Reporter
• Have a great sense of responsibility and ownership over the accounting records
• Be extremely flexible and able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Have a great customer service mindset as this position serves so many different staff and locations domestically and internationally within the organization as well as our member campuses
• Have solid accounting skills as well as a strong grasp of generally accepted accounting principles
• Have a willingness to learn new systems and to continue to innovate and looks for ways to use technology to streamline and make processes more efficient
• Have an understanding of non-profit accounting and preferably have experience working in an non-profit organization in a similar role
Application should include:
• Cover letter
• Resume, as a separate attachment
• A statement of your Christian faith
Other requirements include:
• Ability to work for long periods of time at the computer
Applicants should apply online through the posting on www.cccu.org/careers and include a cover letter, resume, and a statement of your Christian faith. First preference will be given to applicants who apply before the deadline of July 5, 2017. No paper applications or phone calls please.