Jill’s House is a faith-based organization that provides exceptional 24-hour care to children with special needs and their families at our “respite resort” in the Tyson’s Corner area.
We are looking for an experienced professional with a heart for youth, strong clinical skills, and a relationship with Jesus Christ to serve as our Director of Nursing, RN/Pediatrics and Adolescents.
The Director of Nursing must be a Registered Nurse (RN) with the Commonwealth of Virginia or a state with compact reciprocity. The Director of Nursing (RN) will lead and monitor the implementation of health care services, directly manage a team of approximately 15-20 nurses, plan and implement procedures, and work closely with program leadership to ensure that Jill’s House is a safe and effective facility for individuals with various medical diagnoses. Responsibilities will include supporting the admissions process for all new clients; overseeing and addressing the daily care needs of clients; providing leadership training to the nursing team, and ensuring full coverage of all care team shifts. The Director of Nursing is expected to be on-call for all care needs that arise at Jill’s House outside of regular business hours.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Overseeing the team of nurses who administer medications, tending to injuries, responding to seizure activity, providing g-tube feedings, and handling all medical emergencies
• Managing monthly direct care hours with the nursing team/as a program nurse
• Overseeing the administrative portion of medical paperwork, regulatory forms, admission of new clients, and Medicaid waiver assessments
• Reviewing all client applications and determining medical eligibility
• Coordinating care for clients with complex medical diagnoses
• Advocating for the needs of clients and the nursing team within the Jill’s House program
• 5+ years of direct acute care or pediatric nursing experience
• 1-2 years of supervisory experience
• Experience with individuals with special needs (Preferred)
License or Certification:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school of nursing
• Current, active, unrestricted RN license in the Commonwealth of Virginia or state with compact reciprocity
• Post-graduate degree in Nursing Administration (Preferred)
• Active Nurse Practitioner License (Preferred)
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a lifestyle of walking with Christ that can serve as an example to all who come in contact with Jill’s House, as well as demonstrated alignment with the foundation, vision, mission and values of Jill’s House.
If interested, please email your resume to email@example.com.